Tenants are required to notify YPM of any damage to, or repairs that are required at, the rental property.
Please note that between the hours of 9.00am and 5.30pm (Mon-Fri):
- all urgent repairs must be reported to the YPM office.
It is important that you always contact YPM before attempting to organise any repairs.
If your rented property needs an urgent repair outside office hours, please follow the steps below:-
1. Make sure that it qualifies as an 'urgent' repair so that you avoid an unnecessary call-out. (Refer to our Maintenance Guide for Tenants or click here.)
If it is indeed an urgent repair:
2. Call the YPM Urgent Repairs After-Hours number: 0417 295 395. If there is no answer, please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as it is received.
3. You may also wish to leave a message on the answering machine of the YPM office, clearly stating
- your name;
- the property's address; and
- the nature of the problem.
This will send an email message to us for immediate action upon our return to the office. In most cases, it is reasonable to expect that our office actions your urgent repair within 24hrs of it being reported to our office.
4. If the situation is absolutely 'urgent' and you are unable to contact YPM, you may arrange to have it fixed yourself by one of our nominated tradespeople (see below). If you have had to call one of our tradespeople, please notify YPM the next business day. The items that constitute 'urgent' are:
- a burst water service
- a blocked or broken lavatory system
- serious roof leaks
- gas leaks
- dangerous electrical faults
- serious storm, fire or flood damage
- a serious fault in a lift or staircase in the rented premises
Please contact one of the YPM tradespeople:
Gold’s Electrical Service
Flood Restoration Melbourne
Hamcon Windows & Doors
Holdfast Building Maintenance
Carpet (Water Damage)
|0433 577 910
0418 563 067
0430 124 748
0427 865 444
03 9580 3232
1800 633 721
03 9521 0650
0415 309 509
0401 835 769
0412 260 474
0411 530 930
If you should need to contact any of the above tradespeople, please state that you are clients of “Your Property Manager”. Please be aware that if the call-out is considered non-urgent, you may have to pay the difference between the cost of the after-hours repair and the charge for a normal working hours call.
If any firm arrangements that we have made regarding access for any tradespeople are not kept by you, the service charge for calling the tradesperson will be automatically passed on to you for payment.
More information about urgent repairs can be found in the book "Renting a Home - A Guide for Tenants & Landlords" (The Little Red Book) you received in your Tenant Welcome Pack.